Six nabbed in Gujarat for celebrating Nathuram Godse’s birthdayMay 20, 2019
Surat: Police in Surat city of Gujarat has nabbed 6 people for celebrating the Birthday of Nathuram Godse, the assassin of Mahatma Gandhi.
They all reportedly belonged to right wing outfit All India Hindu Mahasabha and had organized an event in a temple in Limbayat area yesterday to celebrate the 109 th birthday of Godse.
They had reportedly lighted 109 earthen lamps and distributed prasad of 109 Laddus on the occasion. Gujarat Congress president Amit Chavda had tweeted about it raised a question about it.
Police commissioner Satish Sharma said that six people have been arrested in this connection. They have been identified as Hiren Mashru, Viral Malviya, Vala Bharwad, Hitesh Soni, Yogesh Patel and Manish Kalal.
He said that the action has been taken on the instructions of the state government.
MoS Home issues statement:
- Karnali in Gujarat stays closed paying respect to Arun Jaitley
- In pictures: Shri Krishna Janmashtami celebrations across Gujarat
- Devotees flood Dwarka and Dakor temples on Janmashtami, idols of Dwarkadhish, Ranchhodraiji decorated with special ornaments
- Two abandoned Pakistani boats found in creek area close to border in Gujarat
- Arun Jaitley (66) passes away
- Racket involved in duping people in the name of call-girls busted in Ahmedabad, 3 arrested