28 centres for counting of votes for 26 Lok Sabha, 4 assembly seats in GujaratMay 22, 2019
Gandhinagar: Counting of votes for 26 Lok Sabha seats of Gujarat will take place at 28 centres across the State on May 23. The counting centres will have three-layer security provisions. Carrying mobile phones, laptop and other electronics devises will not be allowed inside the counting centres. 100 meter area around counting centres will be cordoned off. While main gates of counting centres will have armed police men deployed, the gates of counting halls will have deployment of para military force jawans.
Counting will kick off at 8 am. Each counting centre will have 14 tables in addition to one table for Returning Officer (RO). Election officer, 182 assistant election officers, 122 additional assistant election officers, 41 observers will be on duty on counting day. Counting table will have one counting supervisor, one assistant, one micro observer. There will be total 2548 counting supervisors, 2548 counting assistants and 2912 micro observers. 309 number of staff will be on duty for counting of ballot papers.
As per the Supreme Court order, VVPAT slips of five polling stations per assembly area will be counted. The selection of thse five polling stations will be made through draw. VVPAT slips of those 16 polling stations where votes were not delited from EVM after mock poll on polling day will also be counted.
If lead of winning candidate is lesser than the number of invalid postal ballot, then in such case postal ballots will be rechecked.
- CMO nod for Rs. 216 crore Panam oriented water supply scheme; 53 ponds to be filled with water
- Man accuse of posting fake records of Chief Minister's vehicle online nabbed from Surat
- Leopard kills 70 year old woman in village near Gir East
- PM Narendra Modi leaves for a week-long America visit
- Corporate tax slashed to 22% for domestic, 15% for new domestic manufacturing companies
- Gujarat ACB nabs forester red handed taking Rs 10 lakh bribe from contractor