MHA asks States/UTs to take adequate security measures in connection with counting of votesMay 22, 2019
Delhi: Ministry of Home Affairs has alerted the State Chief Secretaries and Directors General of Police regarding possibility of eruption of violence in different parts of the country in connection with the counting of votes tomorrow.
MHA has asked the States and UTs to maintain law & order, peace and public tranquility. States/ UTs have been further asked to take adequate measures for the security of strong rooms and venues of counting of votes. This is in the wake of calls given and statements made in various quarters for inciting violence and causing disruption on the day of counting of votes.
- CMO nod for Rs. 216 crore Panam oriented water supply scheme; 53 ponds to be filled with water
- Man accuse of posting fake records of Chief Minister's vehicle online nabbed from Surat
- Leopard kills 70 year old woman in village near Gir East
- PM Narendra Modi leaves for a week-long America visit
- Corporate tax slashed to 22% for domestic, 15% for new domestic manufacturing companies
- Gujarat ACB nabs forester red handed taking Rs 10 lakh bribe from contractor