BJP chief Shah takes lead of over 4.86 lakh votes, surpasses Advani’s lead figureMay 23, 2019
Gandhinagar: BJP President Amit Shah has surpassed the lead taken by former Deputy PM and incumbent MP on Gandhinagar LS seat.
Six time MP from Gandhinagar seat of Gujarat, Advani had won the last election in 2014 by a margin of 4,83,314.
Shah, the BJP candidate from this prestigious seat has taken a lead of 4,86,894 votes over nearest Congress rival and party MLA C J Chavda.
Since the time of his nomination on this seat, the speculation was rife as to whether he would surpass Advani’s lead figure or not.
- London based Standard Chartered to start operations at GIFT city shortly, will become first foreign bank at the IFSC
- BJP working president JP Nadda on two-day Gujarat visit from Friday
- Alpesh Thakor, Dhavalsinh Zala join BJP
- ICJ rules in favour of India, grants consular access to Kulbhushan Jadhav and directs Pakistan to review the death sentence
- Charas worth over Rs 1.20 crore seized from car in North Gujarat, 2 nabbed
- Gujarat CM to visit Delhi to attend first meeting of CMs panel on agricultural reforms