BJP wins all four assembly seats in Gujarat by-pollsMay 23, 2019
Gandhinagar: With victory in four-seat assembly by-polls, ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has touched 104 mark in 182-member State assembly. In 2017 general elections of assembly, BJP had won 99 seats.
BJP candidates have emerged victorious on Manavadar, Unjha, Dhrangadhra and Jamnagar Rural assembly seats with comfortable margines.
In all four seats, Congress MLAs had resigned from the party and also from the assembly.
The names of victorious candidates are Dr. Ashaben Patel (Unjha), Parshottam Sabariya (Dhrangadhra), Raghavji Patel (Jamnagar Rural) and Jawahar Chavda (Manvadar).
Chavda is cabinet minister in Vijay Rupani government.
Meanwhile, with election of several BJP MLAs as Lok Sabha MPs, fresh by-polls of assembly seats are certain in near future.
- Karnali in Gujarat stays closed paying respect to Arun Jaitley
- In pictures: Shri Krishna Janmashtami celebrations across Gujarat
- Devotees flood Dwarka and Dakor temples on Janmashtami, idols of Dwarkadhish, Ranchhodraiji decorated with special ornaments
- Two abandoned Pakistani boats found in creek area close to border in Gujarat
- Arun Jaitley (66) passes away
- Racket involved in duping people in the name of call-girls busted in Ahmedabad, 3 arrested