15 students dead in a shocking Surat fire tragedy, toll may riseMay 24, 2019
Shocking footage of Surat fire tragedy pic.twitter.com/xLAK2U8Fbv
— DeshGujarat (@DeshGujarat) May 24, 2019
Surat: 15 students are killed in an incident of fire atop Takshashila building in Sarthana area of Surat today afternoon. While some of them due to fire and smoke, some others are killed as they jumped from top floor of the building in order to save life from suffocation of smoke and fire. The visuals of students of a tuition class jumping from terrace of building are shocking.
Surat Police Commissioner Satish Kumar Mishra said, at least 15 people have died in the fire. Death toll may rise.
Police said that the fire broke out on the 2nd floor of the 5 storied Takshila Arcade.
It ingulfed a tuition classes in which the children were present.
The reason behind the deadly fire was not yet known.
21 fire fighting vehicles were deployed on the spot.
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has ordered an investigation into the incident. CM has also declared financial help of Rs 4 lakh each to the families of children who died in this incident.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi in a tweet said: Extremely anguished by the fire tragedy in Surat. My thoughts are with bereaved families. May the injured recover quickly. Have asked the Gujarat Government and local authorities to provide all possible assistance to those affected.
- Former MLA Mavji Patel joins BJP days before Tharad by-poll
- Gujarat CM dedicates Plasser India heavy rail machinery plant at Karjan in Vadodara
- Train engine derails in Gujarat, rail traffic on Kutch-Mumbai route disrupted
- Jio accuses Airtel, VIL of illegally masking wireline as mobile numbers; asks Trai to slap penalties
- Miscreants cut SBI ATM in Ahmedabad city with gas cutter and take away over Rs 9 lakh in cash
- BJP corporator in Junagadh Abbas Qureshi arrested under PASA for misbehaviour with police