Congress wins zero number of seats in 13 states and union territoriesMay 24, 2019
Gandhinagar: Opposition Congress party has scored zero in 13 of India’s total 29 states and union territories.
They are Delhi, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Arunachal Pradesh, Odisha, Jammu & Kashmir, Tripura, Manipur, Mizoram, Daman and Diu, Andaman & Nicobar and Chandigarh.
Congress has not touched required 54-seat mark in Lok Sabha and therefore it can not claim the post of the leader of opposition. Congress could not claim for this post in the previous Lok Sabha also due to same reason.
In fact Congress has won majority of seats in Kerala, Tamil Nadu(thanks to alliance with DMK) and Punjab – three states only.
- London based Standard Chartered to start operations at GIFT city shortly, will become first foreign bank at the IFSC
- BJP working president JP Nadda on two-day Gujarat visit from Friday
- Alpesh Thakor, Dhavalsinh Zala join BJP
- ICJ rules in favour of India, grants consular access to Kulbhushan Jadhav and directs Pakistan to review the death sentence
- Charas worth over Rs 1.20 crore seized from car in North Gujarat, 2 nabbed
- Gujarat CM to visit Delhi to attend first meeting of CMs panel on agricultural reforms