Four Gujarat MLAs including minister elected to Lok Sabha, their assembly seats to witness by-pollMay 24, 2019
Gandhinagar: Gujarat will witness by-polls of assembly seats again in near future as four MLAs are elected to parliament as Lok Sabha members. They are in all probability going to retain their parliaments seat and resign from the assembly.
Party MLA and minister in Vijay Rupani cabinet, Parbatbhai Patel(Chaudhary) has been elected to Lok Sabha from Banaskantha seat. Parbatbhai is MLA from Tharad constituency.
Another MLA elected to Lok Sabha is Bharatsinh Dabhi(Thakor). He has won Patan Lok Sabha seat. He is three-term MLA from Kheralu constituency.
One more BJP MLA who is elected to Lok Sabha is H.S.Patel. He is MLA from Amraiwadi area of Ahmedabad. He will represent Ahmedabad East seat in Lok Sabha.
Fourth MLA who has won Lok Sabha seat is Ratansinh Rathod. He is winner on Panchmahal Lok Sabha seat. He represents Lunawada constituency in Gujarat assembly. Ratansinh contested Lunawada assembly election in 2017 as Congress rebel. After his victory he joined BJP. Ratansinh is from OBC community.
- Former MLA Mavji Patel joins BJP days before Tharad by-poll
- Gujarat CM dedicates Plasser India heavy rail machinery plant at Karjan in Vadodara
- Train engine derails in Gujarat, rail traffic on Kutch-Mumbai route disrupted
- Jio accuses Airtel, VIL of illegally masking wireline as mobile numbers; asks Trai to slap penalties
- Miscreants cut SBI ATM in Ahmedabad city with gas cutter and take away over Rs 9 lakh in cash
- BJP corporator in Junagadh Abbas Qureshi arrested under PASA for misbehaviour with police