Gujarati candidate of BJP wins Mumbai North East Lok Sabha seatMay 24, 2019
Mumbai: A Gujarati candidate on Mumbai North East seat in Maharashtra has been declared victorious by margin of 2,26,486 votes. Manoj Kotak who is originally from Rajkot in Gujarat was BJP candidate on Mumbai North East seat. The seat is presently represented by another Gujarati BJP leader Kirit Somaiya. Due to Shiv Sena’s protest Somaiya was denied ticket by party and instead of Somaiya, Manoj Kotak was fielded on this seat. Kotak has defeated Nationalist Congress Party(NCP)’s Sanjay Patil.
- Indian community in Texas prepares for ‘Howdy Modi!’ event of PM Narendra Modi during his US tour in September
- Kankaria Lake Front Joy-ride accident case: Court allows 2 more days of remand of 6 accused
- Tax officials including SGST and central excise superintendent held by ACB for taking bribe in South Gujarat
- No good spells of rain likely in Gujarat any time soon
- London based Standard Chartered to start operations at GIFT city shortly, will become first foreign bank at the IFSC
- BJP working president JP Nadda on two-day Gujarat visit from Friday