Fire tragedy: Rupani visits SuratMay 25, 2019
Gandhinagar: With a view to have firsthand information and inspection, Gujarat Chief Minister Vijaybhai Rupani today made a spot visit of the fire incident that occurred at a tuition class in Surat city.
In response to the occurrence of incident, the Chief Minister had earlier issued orders to make inquiries to find out that the sufficient fire safety measures and facilities have been set up at the hospitals and educational institutions in major cities and district headquarters of the state and whether the proper implementation of the state government’s rules and regulations were made or not.
With a view to prevent reoccurrence of such incidents in future at such places, the Chief Minister has instructed the concerned officials of Municipal Corporations and Municipalities, Executive Engineers of Road and Building Department, and experts of Fire Departments to make investigations on priority basis about the taken fire safety measures and submit their reports to the Chief Secretary, who will oversee these investigations.
Rupani said that the state government has taken a serious note of this fire incident at Surat and has decided to take help of forensic science experts to get to the core of the reasons that caused the incident.
- Indian community in Texas prepares for ‘Howdy Modi!’ event of PM Narendra Modi during his US tour in September
- Kankaria Lake Front Joy-ride accident case: Court allows 2 more days of remand of 6 accused
- Tax officials including SGST and central excise superintendent held by ACB for taking bribe in South Gujarat
- No good spells of rain likely in Gujarat any time soon
- London based Standard Chartered to start operations at GIFT city shortly, will become first foreign bank at the IFSC
- BJP working president JP Nadda on two-day Gujarat visit from Friday