Police detain Hardik Patel in SuratMay 27, 2019
Surat: Congress leader Hardik Patel was detained today by police in Surat while he was passing through Sarthana jakatnaka area. Hardik had yesterday announced dharna protest seeking city Mayor’s resignation over fire tragedy in city in which 22 children died. It’s worth noting that A person from Surat had tried to attack Hardik Patel yesterday in Surat protesting his presence in city. Hardik’s organization PAAS attracted anger from the people yesterday on social media platforms over Hardik’s announcement of sitting on dharna. People on social media conversations mentioned and recalled how Hardik led PAAS cadres had burnt fire vehicles and attacked a fire station during violent quota agitation in August 2015.
- Indian community in Texas prepares for ‘Howdy Modi!’ event of PM Narendra Modi during his US tour in September
- Kankaria Lake Front Joy-ride accident case: Court allows 2 more days of remand of 6 accused
- Tax officials including SGST and central excise superintendent held by ACB for taking bribe in South Gujarat
- No good spells of rain likely in Gujarat any time soon
- London based Standard Chartered to start operations at GIFT city shortly, will become first foreign bank at the IFSC
- BJP working president JP Nadda on two-day Gujarat visit from Friday