A 52-hectare Dinosaur and fossil park to open soon near Balashinor in GujaratMay 28, 2019
Gandhinagar: Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Ltd (TCGL) will soon open a 52-hectare dinosaur and fossil park at Balashinor, the State government said today in a statement. According to Tourism minister Jawahar Chavda, a museum here will be third biggest showcasing dinosaur’s habitat, its habits, its food and life. Time machine, artistic exhibition of relics of dinosaurs, fossil eggs and bones, 5D theater, 3D film show, Mesozoic period atmosphere, museum, fast food centre, souvenir shop, drinking water facility, toilet blocks etc facilities are being created here.The State government has created ‘Fossil Park Development Society’ to take care of dinosaur park complex. Sudarshan talav, Kedar mahadev temple, Bhimbhamarda, Hanuman tekri, Lelvania mahadev temple (Jetholi), Vanakbori dam etc are other nearby places of tourist interest. Dinosaur park will come up at Raiyali village (11 km from Balasinor). Balashinor is located 90 km away from Ahmedabad.
- Former MLA Mavji Patel joins BJP days before Tharad by-poll
- Gujarat CM dedicates Plasser India heavy rail machinery plant at Karjan in Vadodara
- Train engine derails in Gujarat, rail traffic on Kutch-Mumbai route disrupted
- Jio accuses Airtel, VIL of illegally masking wireline as mobile numbers; asks Trai to slap penalties
- Miscreants cut SBI ATM in Ahmedabad city with gas cutter and take away over Rs 9 lakh in cash
- BJP corporator in Junagadh Abbas Qureshi arrested under PASA for misbehaviour with police