Gujarat Congress chief urges Rahul Gandhi to withdraw resignationMay 28, 2019
New Delhi: Amit Chavda, President of Gujarat Congress today joined other Congress men in urging party’s national president Rahul Gandhi to withdraw his resignation. Rahul Gandhi has announced his decision to step down from the post of national president of Indian National Congress after party’s poor performance in recently concluded Lok Sabha general elections. Yesterday a senior Gujarat Congress leader and party’s national treasurer Ahmed Patel had called on Rahul Gandhi. Today Priyanka Gandhi, Ashok Gehlot, Sachin Pilot and other leaders called on Rahul Gandhi to convince him to withdraw the decision on resignation. Rahul had announced his decision to step down in Congress Working Committee (CWC) meeting. Rahul who himself lost election on Amethi seat in Uttar Pradesh has not met newly elected Lok Sabha members yet.
- Gujarat Cabinet decides to allot 30 acre land for free of cost at Shahpur near Gandhinagar to set up Children's University
- Swarm of bees attack school in Gujarat, 21 students hospitalized
- Union Cabinet approves National Institute status to BISAG in Gujarat
- Than town observes total strike against deteriorated law and order situation, weak policing
- The Sun is out! 🌞 BCCI on Motera stadium, also do watch a fresh video clip
- Torrent group hails apex court judgement regarding dismissal of Adani Gas plea