AMUL installs Reverse Vending Machine (RVM) at its River Front Parlour, AhmedabadJune 05, 2019
Anand: As a part of its EPR (Extended Producer Responsibility), AMUL, the largest milk cooperative in India in collaboration with Reliance has installed Reverse Vending Machine (RVM) at its River Front Parlour, Ahmedabad.
The machine was inaugurated by Municipal Commissioner of Ahmedabad – Shri Vijay Nehra today on 5th June, the World Environment Day. Besides recycling the plastic, this will also create awareness among the consumers to beat the plastic pollution.
The machine is capable of instantly crushing the PET bottle, thus making the PET bottle recycling very easy and convenient for its customers. After crushing, this crushed PET granules can be recycled and value-added products such as T-shirt, Jacket, bag etc can be made.
On a similar line, AMUL along with Reliance has a plan to install such a machine at several locations in Ahmedabad.
On the occasion of World Environment Day, AMUL planted 200 trees today at its dairy plant near Gandhinagar and is committed to take all measures to combat the environmental pollution– says, General Manager, AmulFed Dary, Gandhinagar.
- Live: Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani addresses Independence Day function from Gandhinagar
- Live: PM Narendra Modi's address to the nation from Red Fort on Independence Day 2020
- Fire brigade rescues 270 persons from water logged areas; 350 shifted
- Gujarat records 1087 new cases of Covid19 in 24 hours
- AMC declares 12 new Micro containment areas, removes existing 14
- 7 IAS transferred, Vadodara gets new Municipal Commissioner, GSDMA, SPIPA get new heads
- Inspector MC Sharma who martyred in 2008 Batla House encounter awarded gallantry medal
- Heavy rains lash Surat district, other places in Gujarat, taluka wise data of rainfall here