Four Gujarat MLAs resign from assembly to retain Lok Sabha seat; By-poll on Tharad, Kheralu, Lunawada, Amraiwadi assembly seats in six monthsJune 06, 2019
Gandhinagar: Gujarat will witness by-polls of assembly seats within next six months as four MLAs are elected as Lok Sabha members and they have decided to retain their Lok Sabha seats. All four MLAs have resigned as MLA today.
Party MLA and minister in Vijay Rupani cabinet, Parbatbhai Patel(Chaudhary) has been elected to Lok Sabha from Banaskantha seat. Parbatbhai was MLA elected from Tharad constituency in Banaskantha district of North Gujarat. Possibility of State BJP leader and former minister of state Shankarbhai Chaudhary contesting on Tharad assembly seat can’t be denied. Parbatbhai and Shankarbhai are from same Chaudhary community.
Another MLA elected to Lok Sabha is Bharatsinh Dabhi(Thakor). He has won Patan Lok Sabha seat in North Gujarat. He is three-term MLA from Kheralu constituency.
One more BJP MLA who is elected to Lok Sabha is H.S.Patel. He is MLA from Amraiwadi area of East Ahmedabad. He represents Ahmedabad East seat in Lok Sabha.
Fourth MLA who has won Lok Sabha seat is Ratansinh Rathod. He is winner on Panchmahal Lok Sabha seat. He was representing Lunawada constituency in Gujarat assembly. Ratansinh contested Lunawada assembly election in 2017 as Congress rebel. After his victory as independent, he joined BJP. Ratansinh is from OBC community.
- CM setups five members committee for inquiry into rape cases
- CM solves problems of agariyas during ‘Mokla Mane’ dialogue
- Gujarat govt plans 60,000 hectare biggest hybrid park to generate 30,000 MW renewable energy
- GSSSB non-secretariat clerk exam issue- Gujarat government constitutes SIT for detailed probe
- Jio raises mobile tariffs by up to 39%; keeps rates lower than rivals
- Opportunist Hardik faces ire of agitating students, virtually pushed out of venue with 'go-back' slogans