Four Gujarat MLAs resign from assembly to retain Lok Sabha seat; By-poll on Tharad, Kheralu, Lunawada, Amraiwadi assembly seats in six monthsJune 06, 2019
Gandhinagar: Gujarat will witness by-polls of assembly seats within next six months as four MLAs are elected as Lok Sabha members and they have decided to retain their Lok Sabha seats. All four MLAs have resigned as MLA today.
Party MLA and minister in Vijay Rupani cabinet, Parbatbhai Patel(Chaudhary) has been elected to Lok Sabha from Banaskantha seat. Parbatbhai was MLA elected from Tharad constituency in Banaskantha district of North Gujarat. Possibility of State BJP leader and former minister of state Shankarbhai Chaudhary contesting on Tharad assembly seat can’t be denied. Parbatbhai and Shankarbhai are from same Chaudhary community.
Another MLA elected to Lok Sabha is Bharatsinh Dabhi(Thakor). He has won Patan Lok Sabha seat in North Gujarat. He is three-term MLA from Kheralu constituency.
One more BJP MLA who is elected to Lok Sabha is H.S.Patel. He is MLA from Amraiwadi area of East Ahmedabad. He represents Ahmedabad East seat in Lok Sabha.
Fourth MLA who has won Lok Sabha seat is Ratansinh Rathod. He is winner on Panchmahal Lok Sabha seat. He was representing Lunawada constituency in Gujarat assembly. Ratansinh contested Lunawada assembly election in 2017 as Congress rebel. After his victory as independent, he joined BJP. Ratansinh is from OBC community.
- PM to launch financing facility under Agriculture Infrastructure Fund
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- AMC declares 20 more Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 17
- DGP Ashish Bhatia orders a 15-day drive by Gujarat Police to find out missing children
- 1074 new cases of Covid19 recorded in Gujarat in 24 hours
- Centre's reply on demand to name Surat airport after Morarji Desai
- Gujarat CM makes relief announcements for kin of late corona warrior govt staffers
- Mela, Pad Yatra, Janmasthami, Ganesh Utsav and Tajiya gatherings, Processions not to be allowed: Jadeja