Forest teams trying to locate and shift lions in coastal areas to safer places in the wake of approaching cyclone VAYUJune 12, 2019
Amreli: Even as the precautionary measures in the wake of approaching cyclonic storm VAYU were on in full swing, the forest department teams in coastal Jafrabad area of Amreli district in Gujarat were trying to locate and move several lions from the forests in the area to safer places.
A forest official today said that around 10 teams including several trackers were locating the lions who live in coastal area.
‘There were at least three groups of lions and some of them live in low lying areas. We want to locate them and make them move to safer and higher areas as there was likelihood of heavy to very heavy rain in the area. We want to keep them safe and ensure that none of them were washed away during likely torrential rains,’ he said.
- Gujarat cadre IAS Ajay Bhadoo appointed joint secretary to President of India
- Anandiben Patel appointed as Governor of Uttar Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh's threat to stop supply of Narmada water to Gujarat 'childish, unfortunate, shameful, politically-motivated and ill-intended:CM Vijay Rupani
- All of us are fortunate to be a part of the world's largest political party: Nadda in Gujarat
- RIL Q1 results: Profit and revenue beat estimates, Jio reports Rs 891 crore profit, increase of 6.1 percent on sequential basis
- 17 major hospitals in Ahmedabad collected fees from patients with Ma card