Police to do patrolling in areas vulnerable from cyclone VAYU from midnightJune 12, 2019
Gandhinagar: From mid night tonight police would do patrolling in the areas of coastal Saurashtra in Gujarat to ensure that no body remains vulnerable in the wake of approaching cyclone VAYU or move towards the sea shore.
Talking to newsmen here Principal Secretary of the revenue department, Pankaj Kumar said.
He also said that so far around 2.15 lakh people including some 10 thousand tourist’s have been shifted from more than 500 villages and other places.
People wer also supporting in evacuation process. CM Vijay Rupani also talked to the collectors of coastal districts. From mid night police will be patrolling the vulnerable areas.
He said that the union government was also monitoring the situation and was being constantly briefed by the state government.
36 NDRF team have been deployed while 11 more were on stand by mode.
14 companies of SRP and 9 teams of SRDF, 300 Marine commandos have also been deployed. Apart from these 9 helicopters have also been kept ready at strategic points for possible operational use.
Notably the cyclone is likely to make landfall near Veraval coast tomorrow.
- BJP working president JP Nadda on two-day Gujarat visit from Friday
- Alpesh Thakor, Dhavalsinh Zala join BJP
- ICJ rules in favour of India, grants consular access to Kulbhushan Jadhav and directs Pakistan to review the death sentence
- Charas worth over Rs 1.20 crore seized from car in North Gujarat, 2 nabbed
- Gujarat CM to visit Delhi to attend first meeting of CMs panel on agricultural reforms
- Honda under its CSR initiative 'Sapno Ki Udan', will provide 100% scholarship to 20 girls for becoming commercial pilots