Vayu Cyclone updatesJune 12, 2019
-Revenue Secretary’s briefing: – So far 2,15,000 are shifted to 2,000 safer places from more than 500 villages.
-Union Home Secretary reviewed the situation via video conference with State government official.
– Police pattroling and combing operation will go on from the evening to check whether someone is left in vulnurable areas.
– As per IMD forecast, Vayu cyclone is 280 km south from Veraval.
– 36 teams of NDRF plus 11 additional teams that have arrived are to be deployed. 9 team of SDRF team (each team consists 90-100 persons) are also deployed. 11 column of Army is deployed (one in each district), 2 companies of BSF in Kutch, 14 companies of SRP and 300 marine commandoes are deployed.
– 9 helicopters of Indian Air Force are deployed at strategic places at Jamnagar, Vadodara and Ahmedabad.
– More than 10,000 tourists were shifted from Dwarka, Porbandar, Somnath. Appeal has been issued to stay at home during 13-14 because the cyclone will stay in Gujarat region after land fall during this time.
– A meeting was held with telecom operators. If network of one company is affected, the other company will extend its network.
– Power minister has made arrangement for restoration of power in war foot basis.
– Dangorous hoardings are pulled down.
– Port operations are suspended.
– 80 teams of R&B with 31 dumpers, 200 JCBs, tractors, tree cutter are deployed with forest and PGVCL teams to open the road blocks.
– High pressure de watering pumps are also deployed in large number against possible water logging
-The Very Severe Cyclonic Storm ‘VAYU’(pronounced as VAA’YU)over Eastcentral Arabian Sea moved northwestwards with a speed of about 14kmph in last sixhours and lay centred at 1130 hrs IST near latitude 18.4°N and longitude 70.0°E over Eastcentral Arabian Sea, about 310km west-southwest of Mumbai(Maharashtra),280km nearly south of Veraval(Gujarat)and 360km nearly south of Porbandar (Gujarat).It is very likely to move nearly northwards and cross Gujarat coast between Dwarka and Veraval as a Very Severe Cyclonic Storm with wind speed 155-165kmph gusting to180kmph around afternoon of 13thJune2019.After crossing, the system is likely to move along & parallel to Saurashtra & Kutch Coast affecting Amreli,GirSomnath, Diu, Junagarh, Porbandar, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Devbhoomi Dwarka and Kutch. The latest IMD bulletin said.
-As on 4 pm, 1,64,090 people are shifted to safer places according to State Emergency Centre. Morbi -4387, Bhavnagar – 23267, Junagadh 15013, Gir Somnath 18058, Jamnagar 11653, Dwarka 28490, Kutch 17982, Porbandar 19998, Rajkot 3436, Amreli 20806.
– Flight operations from Ahmedabad’s Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport to Porbandar, Diu, Kandla, Mundra and Bhavnagar are cancelled for tomorrow.
-In view of Cyclone Vayu , two evacuation special trains announced; 1. ex Okha at 17.45 hrs today ie 12/06/19 for Rajkot, 2. ex Okha at 20.05 today (12/6/19) for Ahmedabad with 21 coaches.
– Gujarat Chief Minister reached State Emergency Operation Centre in Gandhinagar and held a review meeting of state administration in view of Vayu Cyclone forecast. He instructed district collectors to leave no stone unturned to counter any adverse situation.
– The Chief Minister in his briefing to media said the projected speed of wind during cyclone was upgraded from 120 kmph to 150 kmph last night. He said the situation therefore was more serious with higher intensity. Rupani appealed people to extend cooperation in shifting. He said the government had earlier planned to shift only those who were living in kachcha houses but later tweaked its decision and decided to shift all the people in affected villages. Rupani said the government’s success would be in zero death. He said there’s no alternate to shifting maximum people to safer places. Rupani said as many as 1.20 lakh people were shifted by around noon. More people shall be shifted by evening. He said it is for the first time that as many as 47 teams had arrived in Gujarat. He said the impact of cyclone will be felt during the night today and peak after 4.00 am. Rupani said rainfall may start from the evening.
– The Centre is extending all cooperation to help Gujarat and Diu in the wake of Cyclone Vayu. Yesterday the Indian Air Force air craft airlifted 160 jawans of NDRF from Vijaywada to Jamnagar so that they can join the evacuation efforts from today morning onward. Today NDRF announced that 12 more teams will be airlifted from INS Rajali (Tamil Nadu) and Patna (Bihar) to serve the people of Gujarat and Diu before, during and in the aftermath of the cyclone Vayu.
Very Severe Cyclonic Storm ‘VAYU’ is about 290 km west-southwest of Mumbai (Maharashtra). To move northwards & cross Gujarat coast between Porbandar Diu around west of Veraval with wind speed 145-155 kmph gusting to 170 kmph around morning of 13th June 2019. pic.twitter.com/eN2Cx3vSPc
— India Met. Dept. (@Indiametdept) June 12, 2019
- CM inaugurates private multi-specialty hospital in Bopal
- 5000 sacks of paddy reduced to ashes, mobile tower damaged in two incidents of fire in Gujarat
- Now I want Harmeet to see playing and winning medals in Olympics: Arjuna award winner Gujarat TT player's mother
- Ahmedabad witnessing rain in the late evening
- Gujarat govt. soon to declare 'saffron' coloured plain tiger butterfly as state butterfly
- Arjuna Award for Ravindra Jadeja