In the wake of cyclone VAYU, two Shikhar Dhwajas put over world-famous Dwarkadheesh templeJune 13, 2019
Dwarka: In the wake of approaching cyclonic storm VAYU, Perhaps first time in the history of the world famous Jagat temple of lord Dwarkadheesh here, two mast flags (shikhar dhhwaj) have been put in place.
A priest of the ancient temple, which was among the four top most pilgrimage places for Hindus, today said that two flags were put on the shikhar of the temple because of the strong winds caused by the approaching cyclone.
‘It is first time in my life time that I am seeing two flags on the mast of the temple,’ he said.
He said that the step was taken on the instructions of the temple administration. The strong wind which was at time gusting up to 70 to 80 kms it was not possible to bring down the flag already hoisted on top & so second flag was hoisted below it.
Notably, the temple was situated on the sea-shore in which high waves were rising due to the approaching cyclone.
- London based Standard Chartered to start operations at GIFT city shortly, will become first foreign bank at the IFSC
- BJP working president JP Nadda on two-day Gujarat visit from Friday
- Alpesh Thakor, Dhavalsinh Zala join BJP
- ICJ rules in favour of India, grants consular access to Kulbhushan Jadhav and directs Pakistan to review the death sentence
- Charas worth over Rs 1.20 crore seized from car in North Gujarat, 2 nabbed
- Gujarat CM to visit Delhi to attend first meeting of CMs panel on agricultural reforms