Rain in South and Saurashtra region under influence of cyclone VAYU but that in North Gujarat owing to western disturbancesJune 13, 2019
Gandhinagar/Ahmedabad: In the past 24 hours ending at 0830 hrs this morning, a total of 108 talukas in Gujarat have experienced rainfall with Patan in North Gujarat recording the highest of almost 2 inches (45mm).
IMD center Director Jayant Sarkar said that there would be more spells of rain in next 3 days.
‘The rain in Southern Gujarat and Saurashtra Kutch region could be attributed to the approaching cyclone VAYU, but the rain in Northern part of Gujarat won’t be due to it. Infact the rain in Northern part of the state would be caused by the presence of western disturbances,’ he added.
- CM inaugurates private multi-specialty hospital in Bopal
- 5000 sacks of paddy reduced to ashes, mobile tower damaged in two incidents of fire in Gujarat
- Now I want Harmeet to see playing and winning medals in Olympics: Arjuna award winner Gujarat TT player's mother
- Ahmedabad witnessing rain in the late evening
- Gujarat govt. soon to declare 'saffron' coloured plain tiger butterfly as state butterfly
- Arjuna Award for Ravindra Jadeja