Gujarat BJP aims to add 56 lakh new members in membership drive starting on July 6June 18, 2019
Gandhinagar:Gujarat BJP president Jitu Vaghani today said that the party’s state unit wants to increase its membership by 50 per cent against the target of 20 per cent set by the central leadership.
Membership drive would start on July 6, the birth anniversary of Syama Prasad Mookherjee, founder of Jan Sangh, the BJP’s predecessor, and end on August 11, Vaghani told reporters in Gandhinagar.
He was speaking after holding a meeting of state leaders on the membership drive.
“The central leadership has set a target of increasing members by 20 per cent. But since the Gujarat unit is known for setting new benchmarks, we have decided we will add 50 per cent more members to our existing 1.13 crore primary members in Gujarat,” said Vaghani.
In other words, the state BJP is planning to enroll over 56 lakh new members.
“Our plan is to enroll people from different walks of life,” Vaghani added.
BJP has appointed state unit vice president Bhargav Bhatt and former minister of state for Home Rajnibhai Patel as incharges of membership drive.
Party’s national IT incharge Amit Malviya will hold video conferencing with Gujarat unit over membership drive at noon on June 19. The party has declared 8980808080 number for missed call to register as party’s member. A link will be sent to caller to fill up the details.
- Karnali in Gujarat stays closed paying respect to Arun Jaitley
- In pictures: Shri Krishna Janmashtami celebrations across Gujarat
- Devotees flood Dwarka and Dakor temples on Janmashtami, idols of Dwarkadhish, Ranchhodraiji decorated with special ornaments
- Two abandoned Pakistani boats found in creek area close to border in Gujarat
- Arun Jaitley (66) passes away
- Racket involved in duping people in the name of call-girls busted in Ahmedabad, 3 arrested