Gujarat govt. not to organize Shala Praveshotsav this yearJune 19, 2019
Gandhinagar : The Gujarat government today decided to not to organize its Shala Praveshotsav event, meant for bringing back dropouts to schools and improve the education in the state.
The program was the brain child of the then CM Narendra Modi who had started it in the year 2003. Since then it was being organized every year.
Education Minister Bhupendra Chudasama today said that the the event to be held earlier this month was postponed due to the cyclone VAYU.
He said that now that the state machinery would be busy with the upcoming budget session of the assembly, it has been decided to not to organize it this year.
- Karnali in Gujarat stays closed paying respect to Arun Jaitley
- In pictures: Shri Krishna Janmashtami celebrations across Gujarat
- Devotees flood Dwarka and Dakor temples on Janmashtami, idols of Dwarkadhish, Ranchhodraiji decorated with special ornaments
- Two abandoned Pakistani boats found in creek area close to border in Gujarat
- Arun Jaitley (66) passes away
- Racket involved in duping people in the name of call-girls busted in Ahmedabad, 3 arrested