Gujarat government to set up state Yoga BoardJune 21, 2019
By staff writer, Ahmedabad: Gujarat government would set up state Yoga Board for promotion of the ancient Indian tradition of Yoga across the state.
Chief Minister Vijay Rupani today made this announcement in presence of governor O P Kohli during the state level event of the fifth international yoga day at Sardar Patel Stadium here.
Rupani said that the board would work for the promotion of yoga across Gujarat with the motto of healthy mind and healthy body for all the citizens of the state.
He also suggested people to include yoga regime in their daily life for more benefits.
Governor Kohli said that with the help of yoga one could lead a healthy life for 100 years.
Notably, on the Yoga day today around 1.5 crore people across Gujarat participated in group yoga events.
Yoga was performed by school children at all the six main heritage sites including Syed Sidi Ni Jali (mosque) in Ahmedabad, the first UNESCO identified world heritage city of India.
(Photo credit: State Information Department)
- Karnali in Gujarat stays closed paying respect to Arun Jaitley
- In pictures: Shri Krishna Janmashtami celebrations across Gujarat
- Devotees flood Dwarka and Dakor temples on Janmashtami, idols of Dwarkadhish, Ranchhodraiji decorated with special ornaments
- Two abandoned Pakistani boats found in creek area close to border in Gujarat
- Arun Jaitley (66) passes away
- Racket involved in duping people in the name of call-girls busted in Ahmedabad, 3 arrested