Polling for Junagadh Municipal Corporation in Gujarat to be held on July 21, election schedule announcedJune 24, 2019
By staff writer,Gandhinagar:
Gujarat State Election Commission today announced the poll schedule for Junagadh Municipal Corporation which would be held on July 21.
Secretary of the Commission Maheshbhai Joshi today said that the notification for the poll would be issued on July 1 with which the nomination process would begin and could be done till July 6. The scrutiny of papers would be done on July 8 while the names could be withdrawn till July 9.
The polling would be held on July 21, Sunday from 8am to 5pm. Re-polling if necessary would be done on July 22 while the counting of votes would be done on July 23.
The schedule for bye poll in ward 3 of Gandhinagar Municipal Corporation would also be same, he informed.
Joshi also said that the model code of conduct for the poll and bye poll in areas concerned has become effective from today with the announcement of the schedule.
Notably, BJP, the ruling party of Gujarat was also in power in all the eight municipal corporations in the state including Junagadh.
- ICJ rules in favour of India, grants consular access to Kulbhushan Jadhav and directs Pakistan to review the death sentence
- Charas worth over Rs 1.20 crore seized from car in North Gujarat, 2 nabbed
- Gujarat CM to visit Delhi to attend first meeting of CMs panel on agricultural reforms
- Honda under its CSR initiative 'Sapno Ki Udan', will provide 100% scholarship to 20 girls for becoming commercial pilots
- L&T Construction led JV secures significant contract for 100 MLD Desalination Plant at Dahej in Gujarat
- Six Congress party Councillors in Botad municipality join BJP