Polling for Junagadh Municipal Corporation in Gujarat to be held on July 21, election schedule announcedJune 24, 2019
By staff writer,Gandhinagar:
Gujarat State Election Commission today announced the poll schedule for Junagadh Municipal Corporation which would be held on July 21.
Secretary of the Commission Maheshbhai Joshi today said that the notification for the poll would be issued on July 1 with which the nomination process would begin and could be done till July 6. The scrutiny of papers would be done on July 8 while the names could be withdrawn till July 9.
The polling would be held on July 21, Sunday from 8am to 5pm. Re-polling if necessary would be done on July 22 while the counting of votes would be done on July 23.
The schedule for bye poll in ward 3 of Gandhinagar Municipal Corporation would also be same, he informed.
Joshi also said that the model code of conduct for the poll and bye poll in areas concerned has become effective from today with the announcement of the schedule.
Notably, BJP, the ruling party of Gujarat was also in power in all the eight municipal corporations in the state including Junagadh.
- AMC shuts Nehru bridge, Kalupur markets, declares walled city area as buffer zone
- Names and locations of 6 latest Coronavirus patients in Ahmedabad
- List of names and locations of Coronavirus patients in Bhavnagar
- Drones of Fire Brigade to spray disinfectant in cluster areas
- AMC list of names and locations of latest detected Coronavirus patients in Ahmedabad
- AMC adopts South Korean strategy of pro-active testing in clusters; 7 vans put on road