Former MP, six others convicted in Amit Jetwha murder caseJuly 06, 2019
Ahmedabad: CBI court has convicted seven including former Lok Sabha member Dinu Bogha Solanki in year 2010 Amit Jethwa murder case. Among those convicted are Shailesh Pandya, Udaji Thakor, Shiv Pachan, Shiva Solanki, Bahadursinh Vadher (police constable), Sanjay Chauhan and Dinu Bogha Solanki(former MP). CBI lawyer demanded life imprisonment for the accused against which a lawyer representing the accused demanded lesser sentence considering the age of former MP. CBI Court sent all accused to judicial custody. The court will announce quantum of punishment on July 11.
- Ahnedabad CP AK Singh appointed DG of NSG
- UP Police investigating Gujarat links of the murderers of Hindu Samaj Party leader Kamlesh Tiwari
- Met issues thunderstorm and gusty wind warning for parts of Gujarat, low pressure over Arabian sea to cause spells of non-seasonal rain too
- Gujarat CM opens flyover, townhall in Surendranagar
- Gujarat High Court allows more time to Minister of External Affairs S Jaishankar for filing reply on petition challenging his election in RS by poll
- Gujarat CM to depart for five day Uzbekistan trip tomorrow, will also inaugurate a street named after Sardar Patel there