Junagadh Municipal Election: BJP wins 3 seats unopposed; Seven Congress candidates withdraw nominationsJuly 09, 2019
Junagadh: In a major setback to main opposition Congress party, seven Congress candidates of Junagadh Municipal Corporation general election withdrew nomination forms today. This resulted into unopposed victory of three BJP candidates. Today was the last day of withdrawing nomination forms.
Ward number 03 Congress party candidates—Hasina Pathan, Manaz Bloch, Aslam Kureshi and Akram Kureshi withdrew their nomination papers, leaving three BJP candidates—Nisha Karia, Abbas Kureshi and Sharifa Kureshi in the fray. Karia and Kureshis are declared winner uncontested. The fourth seat in this ward had no valid candidate as BJP candidate Harun Bloch’s nomination form was rejected dueing scrutiny as he was found to have more than two children.
Congress candidates also withdrew nomination for one seat each in Ward No.9 and 10 and for two seats in Ward No.13. Congress has therefore candidates contesting only 52 out of 59 seats. BJP will contest 56 seats (3 won unopposed). NCP will be contesting 25 seats. Total 159 candidates, including 23 Independents are left in the fray.
- Rupani urges urban authorities to restore rain damaged roads before Diwali
- India’s First-Ever Institute Of Chemical Engineering And Technology To Be Setup In Gujarat
- Water level in Sardar Sarovar Narmada dam touches 133 meters mark for the first time
- BJP councillor arrested in Surat for slapping SMC staffer
- SpiceJet to shift its entire operations at Mumbai to Terminal 2 from October 1
- Gujarat govt set up State Yog Board, appoints Ramdev disciple Shishpal as chairman