Police lob tear gas shells to control angry protest of co-workers after death of a worker in a factory in SuratJuly 12, 2019
Surat:Police had to resort to mild baton charge and firing of at least four rounds of tear gas shells in Pandesara area of Surat city in Gujarat today where after the death of a worker in a factory, the other co-workers were holding angry demonstration.
Police said that Dayaram P Goda (50), a native of Odisha who worked in the factory in Hari Om Nagar died inside due to electrocution. Other workers started demonstration demanding Rs 10 lakh compensation to the family members of the deceased. They also attacked the vehicle in which the dead body was being transferred.
Police arrived there and to disperse the mob fired tear gas shells and also charged baton. The situation was tense yet under control.
The body has been sent for post-mortem.
- Ahnedabad CP AK Singh appointed DG of NSG
- UP Police investigating Gujarat links of the murderers of Hindu Samaj Party leader Kamlesh Tiwari
- Met issues thunderstorm and gusty wind warning for parts of Gujarat, low pressure over Arabian sea to cause spells of non-seasonal rain too
- Gujarat CM opens flyover, townhall in Surendranagar
- Gujarat High Court allows more time to Minister of External Affairs S Jaishankar for filing reply on petition challenging his election in RS by poll
- Gujarat CM to depart for five day Uzbekistan trip tomorrow, will also inaugurate a street named after Sardar Patel there