Gujarat Governor O.P. Kohli completes his tenure, given farewell by State GovernmentJuly 13, 2019
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Governor Shri O.P. Kohli on completing his tenure was accorded a touching farewell at a function held here today.
Chief Minister Vijay Rupanifelicitated the Governor and presented the replica of Toran (gateway) of Vadnagar and statuette of Sardar Vallabhvhai Patel as memento and shawl on the occasion for his guidance and encouragement to the State Government’s variety of programmes and projects at different stages of implementation.
Mr. Rupani also recalled reminiscences of his student days with Mr. Kohli when he was a Member of Rajya Sabha, and later when Mr. Rupani was a Member of the Rajya Sabha.
The Chief Minister described the Governor as an able administrator who upheld the dignity and decorum of the post as the Constitutional Head of the State with compassion and leadership qualities.
Reciprocating to the felicitation, Mr. Kohli in voice choked with emotion said that he was impressed by the simplicity and cooperative nature of the people of Gujarat imbibing the selfless spirit of ‘Vaishnavjan’, relentlessly working to always excel in different fields as reflected in their global presence.
He also placed on record the cooperation from the Council of Ministers, the Opposition, Judiciary, heads of departments of the state government and everybody. He remembered fond memories of places he visited and the affection of the people he met in different districts during his tenure in the state.
Chief Secretary J.N. Singh earlier welcomed the guests. Lady Governor Avinash Kaur Kohli was felicitated by Mrs. Anjaliben Rupani.
Leader of the Opposition in the State Assembly Paresh Dhanani presented a memento to the Governor.
Senior Secretaries and officers were present on the occasion.
– Information department release
- Heavy rains in most parts of Gujarat; Anand receives 13 inches
- AMC declares 17 new Micro Containment Areas, clears existing 32
- 1092 new cases of Covid19 in Gujarat in 23 hours, taking total cases to over 75,000
- AMC asks establishments with over 30 staffers to appoint Covid Coordinator
- Narendrabhai Modi becomes India's longest serving Non-Congress Prime Minister; 4th longest serving Prime Minister overall
- AMC shuts Gwalia Sweet Shop, declares it Quarantine area
- AMC bulletin on Covid-19 situation in Ahmedabad City as on August 13
- Arun Jaitley, Sushma Swaraj and more; AMC names five over bridges in the city