ACB nabs middleman for taking Rs 20,000 bribe on behalf of SarpanchJuly 16, 2019
Morbi:The Anti Corruption Bureau of the Gujarat Police today nabbed the middleman of a Sarpanch in Morbi district taking bribe of Rs 20,000 on his behalf from a man who has made a bore-well on government land for bottled drinking water supply.
Assistant Director of the ACB D P Chudasama said that the Sarpanch of Lagdhirpur village, Jagdish Jadav had sought Rs 30,000 bribe from the complainant and had collected Rs 10,000 out of it on July 7.
Based on the complaint his middleman Pokarlal Gurjar, a native of Rajasthan, was today nabbed red handed taking the remaining amount of of Rs 20,000 from the complainant in a hotel.
The Sarpanch has fled and attempts were on to nab him too.
- Ahnedabad CP AK Singh appointed DG of NSG
- UP Police investigating Gujarat links of the murderers of Hindu Samaj Party leader Kamlesh Tiwari
- Met issues thunderstorm and gusty wind warning for parts of Gujarat, low pressure over Arabian sea to cause spells of non-seasonal rain too
- Gujarat CM opens flyover, townhall in Surendranagar
- Gujarat High Court allows more time to Minister of External Affairs S Jaishankar for filing reply on petition challenging his election in RS by poll
- Gujarat CM to depart for five day Uzbekistan trip tomorrow, will also inaugurate a street named after Sardar Patel there