Kankaria Lake Front Joy-ride accident case: Court allows 2 days remand of 6 accusedJuly 16, 2019
Ahmedabad: A local court here today allowed two days remand of the six persons arrested in connection with the joy-ride accident in Kankaria Lake Front here last Sunday in which 2 people including a lady had died and over 20 injured.
Police today produced all the six accused in court and demanded 10 days remand for further interrogation but the court allowed it for two day ie till 3 pm of July 18.
Notably, Chirag Patel, Assistant Manager of Kankaria Lake Front had filed complaint in Maninagar police station against six persons in connection with the accident.
Police had nabbed Amusement park operator company Superstar Amusement’s managing director Ghanshyam Patel, his son and park operator Bhavesh Patel, manager Tushar Choksi, ride operators Yash alias Vikas Mahendra Patel and Kishan Mahanti and helper Satish Vaghela under sections 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) and 114 (abettor present when offence is committed) of the IPC.
Ghanshyam Patel is brother of former BJP municipal Councillor Mahendra Patel. Another accused Vikas Patel is Mahendra Patel’s son.
- Ahnedabad CP AK Singh appointed DG of NSG
- UP Police investigating Gujarat links of the murderers of Hindu Samaj Party leader Kamlesh Tiwari
- Met issues thunderstorm and gusty wind warning for parts of Gujarat, low pressure over Arabian sea to cause spells of non-seasonal rain too
- Gujarat CM opens flyover, townhall in Surendranagar
- Gujarat High Court allows more time to Minister of External Affairs S Jaishankar for filing reply on petition challenging his election in RS by poll
- Gujarat CM to depart for five day Uzbekistan trip tomorrow, will also inaugurate a street named after Sardar Patel there