Six Congress party Councillors in Botad municipality join BJPJuly 17, 2019
Gandhinagar: In yet another blow to Congress in Gujarat, 6 of the total 17 Councillors of the party in Botad municipality today joined ruling BJP here.
It has taken place on the day when another former Congress leader from Saurashtra, Vinu Amipara, the ex-city president of the opposition party in local body poll bound Junagadh has also joined the ruling party there.
The six members of congress in Botad municipality joined BJP here at the party’s state headquarter Srikamalam in Koba near here in presence of state energy minister Saurabh Patel.
Notably, there in 44 member Botad municipality, BJP was the ruling party with 27 members. Congress had won 17 seats of which 6 councilors have now joined the BJP.
- Commissioning of Naval Air Squadron 314 with newly inducted CS Doriner in Porbandar next week
- Union Territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu to be merged
- Nityanand Ashram case - "Missing" sisters issue new video, put forth five conditions for coming to India
- Passport of Swami Nityanand had expired in September 2018, he is trace-less since then: Police
- NHAI gears up for introducing FASTag on National Highways from 1st December
- Nityanand Ashram case: 2 more including DPS principal arrested, laptops, mobile phones seized from Ashram