Tax officials including SGST and central excise superintendent held by ACB for taking bribe in South GujaratJuly 18, 2019
Vapi:The Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) of the Gujarat police today nabbed red handed two officials of the SGST and Central Excise department including a superintendent rank officer taking bribe of Rs 25000/- from a builder in Vapi city of Valsad district in South Gujarat.
ACB Assistant Director D P Chudasama said that SGST and Excise Superintendent Sujeet S Prasad and Inspector Vivek B Sharma have done tax audit of a construction project in Gundalav area and had demanded the bribe from the builder for not implicating him in tax related issues.
Based on a secret complaint by the builder, the ACB laid a trap today and nabbed the duo from a place in front of RPF ground on Valsad-Dharampur road.
- Withdrawal of monsoon from Gujarat delayed for 9 th consecutive year, no signs of it happening anytime soon
- Crime Branch-ATS nab one from Ahmedabad airport in year 2003 Jihadi conspiracy case
- Live: Howdy Modi community summit - from Houston, America
- Depression off Gujarat coast to intensify but move away towards Oman
- Gujarat to end use of Non Judicial Physical Stamps from October 1: Revenue Minister
- PM Narendra Modi in Houston, America