Tax officials including SGST and central excise superintendent held by ACB for taking bribe in South GujaratJuly 18, 2019
Vapi:The Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) of the Gujarat police today nabbed red handed two officials of the SGST and Central Excise department including a superintendent rank officer taking bribe of Rs 25000/- from a builder in Vapi city of Valsad district in South Gujarat.
ACB Assistant Director D P Chudasama said that SGST and Excise Superintendent Sujeet S Prasad and Inspector Vivek B Sharma have done tax audit of a construction project in Gundalav area and had demanded the bribe from the builder for not implicating him in tax related issues.
Based on a secret complaint by the builder, the ACB laid a trap today and nabbed the duo from a place in front of RPF ground on Valsad-Dharampur road.
- Live: Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani addresses Independence Day function from Gandhinagar
- Live: PM Narendra Modi's address to the nation from Red Fort on Independence Day 2020
- Fire brigade rescues 270 persons from water logged areas; 350 shifted
- Gujarat records 1087 new cases of Covid19 in 24 hours
- AMC declares 12 new Micro containment areas, removes existing 14
- 7 IAS transferred, Vadodara gets new Municipal Commissioner, GSDMA, SPIPA get new heads
- Inspector MC Sharma who martyred in 2008 Batla House encounter awarded gallantry medal
- Heavy rains lash Surat district, other places in Gujarat, taluka wise data of rainfall here