Rs. 4 lakh to nearest kin of Kankaria amusement ride accident victims; a committee formed to suggest permanent measuresJuly 19, 2019
Gandhinagar: The Government of Gujarat today announced Rs. 4 lakh relief from Chief Minister’s relief fund to nearest kin of each of two persons who were killed in Kankaria lake front amusement ride collapse incident.
Minister of State for Home, Pradipsinh Jadeja told media persons that 6 persons were arrested in this case while treatment of all those injured was sponsored by the State government.
Jadeja said the Chief Minister has ordered forensic science laboratory to go to the root cause of this accident.
A committee has been formed to go into the details of safety, design, machinery and other aspects related to amusement parks and rides. This committee will suggest a system on the basis of best practices globally in place for safety, inspection and other aspects related to amusement parks.
The committee will include Additional Chief Secretary(ACS) of Home department, ACS Urban development, AMC commissioner, Police Commissioner of Ahmedabad, Secretary of Roads and Building department and Law secretary, the Chief Minister announced in the assembly.
- Commissioning of Naval Air Squadron 314 with newly inducted CS Doriner in Porbandar next week
- Union Territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu to be merged
- Nityanand Ashram case - "Missing" sisters issue new video, put forth five conditions for coming to India
- Passport of Swami Nityanand had expired in September 2018, he is trace-less since then: Police
- NHAI gears up for introducing FASTag on National Highways from 1st December
- Nityanand Ashram case: 2 more including DPS principal arrested, laptops, mobile phones seized from Ashram