Sardar Sarovar dam can bear upto 6.5 intensity quake with epicenter located in 12 km radius: SSNNL clarifiesJuly 19, 2019
Vadodara: Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam Ltd (SSNNL) has today clarified that Narmada dam is designed for 6.5 intensity earthquake with epicenter within 12 km radius of dam in 18 km focal depth.
A clarification was issued in response to media reports in connection with 3.0 intensity earth quake that happened at 2.15 am on 18th of July 2019, epicenter of which was 53 km away from Sardar Sarovar dam with focal depth of 13.6 km.
The clarification note issued by chief engineer of dam department of SSNNL further stated that tremor on July 18 was no way in capacity to affect the dam which has been constructed with best standards of safety.
- Commissioning of Naval Air Squadron 314 with newly inducted CS Doriner in Porbandar next week
- Union Territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu to be merged
- Nityanand Ashram case - "Missing" sisters issue new video, put forth five conditions for coming to India
- Passport of Swami Nityanand had expired in September 2018, he is trace-less since then: Police
- NHAI gears up for introducing FASTag on National Highways from 1st December
- Nityanand Ashram case: 2 more including DPS principal arrested, laptops, mobile phones seized from Ashram