Anandiben Patel appointed as Governor of Uttar PradeshJuly 20, 2019
Gandhinagar: Madhya Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel has been transferred as new Governor of Uttar Pradesh in a fresh development as the term of outgoing Governor of Uttar Pradesh Ram naik is over.
The government today transferred two governors and also made fresh appointments in some states.
Madhya Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel has been shifted to Uttar Pradesh replacing Ram Naik whose 5-year term comes to an end on July 22. Bihar Governor Lal ji Tandon will replace Anandiben as Madhya Pradesh Governor.
According to Rashtrpati Bhavan communique, Phagu Chauhan will replace Tandon as Bihar governor.
Former interlocutor on Naga talks RN Ravi has been appointed as Nagaland governor. Noted lawyer and former Janata Dal MP Jagdeep Dhankhar was appointed as the West Bengal governor, the communique said.
Ramesh Bais has been appointed as the governor of Tripura, it said.
“The above appointments will take effect from the dates they assume charge of their respective offices,” it added.
Uttar Pradesh: Anandiben Patel
Madhya Pradesh: Lal Ji Tandon
West Bengal: Jagdeep Dhankhar
Tripura: Ramesh Bais
Bihar: Phagu Chauhan
Nagaland: RN Ravi
- Commissioning of Naval Air Squadron 314 with newly inducted CS Doriner in Porbandar next week
- Union Territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu to be merged
- Nityanand Ashram case - "Missing" sisters issue new video, put forth five conditions for coming to India
- Passport of Swami Nityanand had expired in September 2018, he is trace-less since then: Police
- NHAI gears up for introducing FASTag on National Highways from 1st December
- Nityanand Ashram case: 2 more including DPS principal arrested, laptops, mobile phones seized from Ashram