Met extends heavy rain warning, parts of Gujarat see light to moderate rainsJuly 20, 2019
Ahmedabad: The met department has extended the heavy rain warning for parts of Gujarat for another day even as 43 talukas of 22 district have seen light to moderate rain till 6 pm today and more spells of rain are likely tonight.
In the last 24 hours ending 6 am this morning 21 talukas of 11 districts had seen rains with Kukarmunda in Tapi seeing maximum 50 mm, Songadh and Nizer of the same district saw 38 and 32 mm respectively.
From 6 am to 6 pm today Botad was the highest rain receiver taluka at moderate 23mm, Umerpada in Surat has seen 20 mm, Junagadh taluka and city has seen 18 mm each while Mahesana has seen 15 mm.
The met has extended its heavy rain warning for another day ie day after tomorrow.
According to the IMD center’s bulletin issued here this evening
Heavy rains very likely at isolated places in the districts of South Gujarat region namely Valsad, Navsari, Surat and in Daman, Dadara Nagar Haveli tomorrow and
Heavy rains very likely at isolated places in the districts of South Gujarat region namely Valsad, Surat and in Daman, Dadara Nagar Haveli; in the districts of Saurashtra namely Bhavnagar, Gir Somnath and Amreli the day after.
Meanwhile the spell of light to moderate rain would continue for another five days even though there was no system over the state.
The temperatures have also gone up marginally and first time after the advent of monsoon last month the mercury today went up above 40 °C. Deesa in North Gujarat was hottest at 41.2 °C and Ahmedabad remaining second hottest at 41 °C . A total of 7 places saw above 40 temperatures.
Due to the change in wind pattern with humid south westerly wind prevailing, the feeling of humidity also increased.
However the current spell of rain is being seen as a boon for farmers and if a few good spells happen across the state it can yield very good results in terms of agri production.
- Commissioning of Naval Air Squadron 314 with newly inducted CS Doriner in Porbandar next week
- Union Territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu to be merged
- Nityanand Ashram case - "Missing" sisters issue new video, put forth five conditions for coming to India
- Passport of Swami Nityanand had expired in September 2018, he is trace-less since then: Police
- NHAI gears up for introducing FASTag on National Highways from 1st December
- Nityanand Ashram case: 2 more including DPS principal arrested, laptops, mobile phones seized from Ashram