Junagadh defeat due to internal differences in local unit of party: CongressJuly 23, 2019
Ahmedabad:Congress today said that the poor performance of the party in Junagadh Municipal Corporation election was because of the ‘internal differences and annoyances’ in the local unit.
Gujarat spokesperson of the party Manish Doshi said that during the election the internal annoyances and differences among the local leaders of the party was on the fore and it has adversely affected our performance.
‘We congratulate BJP for its victory,’ he said adding that the party would review as to what went wrong with its strategy to end the differences.
Party MLA Lalit Vasoya also echoed Doshi. He said that due to the internal differences in the local unit of the party such result has come. ‘The high-command could not even select capable candidates due to it,’ he added.
Notably, BJP has won 54 of the 60 seats of the JMC while Congress could get only one during the counting of votes today for July 21 polling. NCP has won the remaining four seats while one is vacant.
- NHAI gears up for introducing FASTag on National Highways from 1st December
- Nityanand Ashram case: 2 more including DPS principal arrested, laptops, mobile phones seized from Ashram
- Police harassment to NRIs outside Ahmedabad airport; Kheda MP writes letter to MoS Home
- Two brothers die in bike - BRTS bus accident at Panjrapol cross roads in Ahmedabad
- Giraffe at Statue of Unity Safari Park died of 'shock' for reasons including long travel and changed climate: PCCF Gujarat
- Electricity Duty waiver procedure goes online