Tata Power to develop 250 MW Solar Project in Dholera Solar Park, GujaratJuly 29, 2019
Gandhinagar: Tata Power, India’s largest integrated power company, announced that Tata Power Renewable Energy Limited (TPREL), the Company’s wholly owned subsidiary, has received a Letter of Award (LOA) from Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam Limited (GUVNL) on 25th July 2019 to develop a 250 MW solar project in Dholera Solar Park of Gujarat. This capacity is in addition to 100 MW awarded by GUVNL earlier at Raghanesda Solar Park in May’19.
The energy will be supplied to GUVNL under a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) valid for a period of 25 years from the scheduled commercial operation date. The Company has won this capacity in a bid announced by GUVNL in January 2019. The project has to be commissioned within 15 months from the date of execution of the PPA.
Speaking on this achievement, Mr. Praveer Sinha, CEO & MD, Tata Power, said, “We are proud to announce that we have been awarded 250 MW Solar Project in Gujarat, and are thankful to the Government of Gujarat and the officials at GUVNL for this opportunity. We are delighted to contribute towards the realisation of our country’s commitment towards clean and green energy through solar power generation.”
“With this win, we continue to demonstrate our strong commitment towards renewable energy as well as project development, engineering and execution capabilities. This is an important milestone in our endeavour to generate 35-40 per cent of Tata Power’s total generation capacity from clean energy sources. We hope to continue to build on our capabilities, deliver over expectations and create high benchmarks all around.” said Mr. Ashish Khanna, President-Renewables, Tata Power.
With this win, TPREL’s capacity under implementation would become 650 MW which is in addition to Tata Power’s operating capacity of 2,476 MW. The Plant is expected to generate 635 MUs of energy per year and will annually offset approximately 635 Million Kg of CO2.
- Smriti Irani to join Gujarat by-polls campaign on Friday; Rupani joins campaign from Abdasa
- Suzuki's Gujarat plant rolls out millionth car in 45 months, fastest Suzuki plant to achieve this
- Final user trial of NAG Missile carried out
- Govt of India announces further relaxation in visa and travel restrictions
- JioPages - the made in India browser is here
- Third India-U.S. 2+2 Ministerial Dialogue on October 27
- Rare dual transplant at IKDRC
- Gujarat BJP suspends three office bearers for their rebel candidature in by-polls