Heavy to very heavy rain continue in central and South Gujarat, Khambhat sees 15 inch, fresh alerts for VadodaraAugust 03, 2019
Gandhinagar: Heavy to extremely heavy rain has lashed parts of South and central Gujarat even as a total of 135 talukas in the state have seen rain till 4 pm today with Khambhat in Anand district seeing maximum 371mm.
With fresh spell of heavy rain in flood ravaged Vadodara city which has seen 69 mm of rain this afternoon and fresh warning of heavy rain by met department, the district administration has issued alert and advisory for the people there.
Collector Shalini Agrawal said that the met warning was being spread to the public and alert has been sounded in low lying areas yet there was no need to panic or lend ear to rumors as the system was ready and capable of dealing with any situation. NDRF teams were still there in the city.
Khambhat in Anand district in central Gujarat has seen maximum 371 mm of rain, Olpad in Surat 308 mm, Umerpada 219mm, Dharampur in Valsad 153mm, Waghai in Dangs 149mm, Hansot in Bharuch 145mm, Vapi 140 mm, Kamrej in Surat 137 mm, Kaprada in Valsad 128mm, Surat city 126 mm, Pardi 116mm.
A total 50 talukas have seen more than 2 inches of rain.
- Cabinet approves strategic disinvestment of BPCL, SCI, CONCOR, THDCIL, NEEPCO
- Cabinet approves proposal for enactment of Recycling of Ships Bill, 2019 and accession to Hong Kong International Convention for Safe and Environmentally Sound Recycling of Ships, 2009
- Cabinet approves introduction of IFSC Authority Bill, 2019 in Lok Sabha, after withdrawal from Rajya Sabha
- Surat police lodges FIR against Sahara group head Subrat Roy under charges of fraud, criminal breach of trust and conspiracy
- Nityanand Ashram case - Five days remand of two arrested sanyasinis
- Austria based Constantia Flexibles opens 9th Indian plant in Gujarat