IAF helicopters save 45 lives in South Gujarat in airlifting operationAugust 04, 2019
Gandhinagar: South Western Air Command (SWAC) had positioned Medium Lift Helicopters at nodal centres including 2 helicopters at Baroda Air Base to provide assistance towards HADR at short notice. At around 1130 h request from Relief Commissioner for rescuing personnel from Navsari district was received. The helicopters piloted by Squadron Leader Krishna and Squadron Leader Praveen Tiwari got airborne swiftly rescuing 45 men, women and children from flooded area. The rescued people were brought to Surat. The operations took about 4 hours.
- Cabinet approves strategic disinvestment of BPCL, SCI, CONCOR, THDCIL, NEEPCO
- Cabinet approves proposal for enactment of Recycling of Ships Bill, 2019 and accession to Hong Kong International Convention for Safe and Environmentally Sound Recycling of Ships, 2009
- Cabinet approves introduction of IFSC Authority Bill, 2019 in Lok Sabha, after withdrawal from Rajya Sabha
- Surat police lodges FIR against Sahara group head Subrat Roy under charges of fraud, criminal breach of trust and conspiracy
- Nityanand Ashram case - Five days remand of two arrested sanyasinis
- Austria based Constantia Flexibles opens 9th Indian plant in Gujarat