Gujarat, the home state of PM Modi and HM Shah, in jubilant mood after repealing of article 370August 05, 2019
Gandhinagar: Home state of PM Narendra Modi and home minister Amit Shah is looking in jubilant mood today after the center’s historic decision to article 370 and 35A of the constitution giving special status to Jammu and Kashmir.
In various cities and towns of Gujarat including Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat, Rajkot people and workers of ruling BJP celebrated the announcement.
Chief Minister Rupani posted a tweet congratulating the central government.
MoS Home of Gujarat Pradipsinh Jadeja said that to abrogate the two articles was one of the prominent election promises of BJP.
‘I heartily congratulate PM Modi and HM Shah for this repealing of the articles that were hurdles in making J and K an integral part of India. People had this hope from BJP and Modi and Shah. This decision would benefit the people,’ he said.
In Surat people organized special Garba to celebrate the occasion. They also threw gulal over one another. In Vadodara, the city which had recently faced a devastating rain flood, too similar scenes were observed. People chanted Bharat Mata Ki Jay.
People in Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Bhavnagar, Mahesana etc also celebrated it.
Large number of twitter handles were mentioning Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in tweets in reference to Kashmir move of the government.
- Commissioning of Naval Air Squadron 314 with newly inducted CS Doriner in Porbandar next week
- Union Territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu to be merged
- Nityanand Ashram case - "Missing" sisters issue new video, put forth five conditions for coming to India
- Passport of Swami Nityanand had expired in September 2018, he is trace-less since then: Police
- NHAI gears up for introducing FASTag on National Highways from 1st December
- Nityanand Ashram case: 2 more including DPS principal arrested, laptops, mobile phones seized from Ashram