Former MEA Sushma Swraj passes away after heart attackAugust 07, 2019
New Delhi:Senior BJP leader and former External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj passed away at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), here on Tuesday night. She was 68.
Swaraj suffered a heart attack on late Tuesday night. AIIMS doctors tried to revive her by putting her on ventilator, however, her body gave up.
The senior BJP leader is survived by husband Swaraj Kaushal and daughter Bansuri Swaraj.
Sushma Swaraj had undergone a kidney transplant, around three ago.
Meanwhile, Home Minister Rajnath Singh, Union Ministers Dr Harsh Vardhan (Health and Family Welfare) and Nitin Gadkari (Road and Transport ), apart from other Cabinet Ministers and senior party leaders, have reached AIIMS.
Her last tweet:
बहुत साहसिक और ऐतिहासिक निर्णय. श्रेष्ठ भारत – एक भारत का अभिनन्दन.
A bold and historic decision. We salute our Great India – one India.
— Sushma Swaraj (@SushmaSwaraj) August 5, 2019
PM Modi pays tribute:
Last rites today
JP Nadda, working president of BJP said, Sushmaji’s mortal remains will be kept at her residence for people to pay last respects. Around 12 pm tomorrow, her mortal remains will be brought to BJP Headquarters. At 3 pm she will be taken to Lodhi road crematorium, where her last rites will be performed with full state honours.
- Ahnedabad CP AK Singh appointed DG of NSG
- UP Police investigating Gujarat links of the murderers of Hindu Samaj Party leader Kamlesh Tiwari
- Met issues thunderstorm and gusty wind warning for parts of Gujarat, low pressure over Arabian sea to cause spells of non-seasonal rain too
- Gujarat CM opens flyover, townhall in Surendranagar
- Gujarat High Court allows more time to Minister of External Affairs S Jaishankar for filing reply on petition challenging his election in RS by poll
- Gujarat CM to depart for five day Uzbekistan trip tomorrow, will also inaugurate a street named after Sardar Patel there