452 metal items of 5 kg operated out of stomach of mentally unsound youth in GujaratAugust 13, 2019
Ahmedabad: In a somewhat bizarre incident that has come to light now, the doctors of civil hospital here have operated out 432 metal items including nut-bolts, nail-cutters, small knives etc weighing almost 5 kilogram from the stomach of a mentally unsound youth.
Superintendent of the hospital, M M Prabhakar today said that the around 28 year old youth was referred to the civil hospital from the mental hospital in the city four days ago after he complained of breathlessness.
‘A foreign object was operated out of his respiratory tract first. Later he started complaining of stomach ache and then during X-ray it was noticed that a large number of such objects were in his stomach. When operated altogether 452 such objects were taken out,’ he added.
Prabhakar said that the patient was doing well after the operation but he should be treated properly for the mental ailment so that he did not start eating metal items again.
- Ahnedabad CP AK Singh appointed DG of NSG
- UP Police investigating Gujarat links of the murderers of Hindu Samaj Party leader Kamlesh Tiwari
- Met issues thunderstorm and gusty wind warning for parts of Gujarat, low pressure over Arabian sea to cause spells of non-seasonal rain too
- Gujarat CM opens flyover, townhall in Surendranagar
- Gujarat High Court allows more time to Minister of External Affairs S Jaishankar for filing reply on petition challenging his election in RS by poll
- Gujarat CM to depart for five day Uzbekistan trip tomorrow, will also inaugurate a street named after Sardar Patel there