Heated exchange of words and scuffle between two senior Congress leaders in GujaratAugust 13, 2019
Ahmedabad: A scene of sorts was created in a meeting at the state headquarters of Gujarat Congress when two of the senior party leaders had a heated exchange of words and scuffle.
During the meeting at Rajiv Gandhi Bhavan in Paldi area here in which several senior leaders of the party in the state were present, Raghu Desai, the party candidate from Chanasma assembly seat in last election had a heated debate and scuffle with Lalji Desai, the national president of the Congress Seva Dal.
A party insider said that Raghu who had lost the last election was willing to contest the by poll as party candidate on Radhanpur seat vacated due to resignation of Alpesh Thakor.
He said that Lalji Desai who was last time around also willing to contest on Chanasma seat is hopeful of party ticket for Radhanpur by poll.
This has led to the situation that was created during the meeting today.
- Racket involved in duping people in the name of call-girls busted in Ahmedabad, 3 arrested
- ACB nabs BSNL Engineer in South Gujarat taking bribe of Rs 70000/-
- Met issues heavy to very heavy rain warning for next 4 days in Gujarat, isolated places in central parts to see extreme downpour on August 26
- Sitaraman announces roll back of super-rich tax surcharge on FPIs, other measures to boost economy
- BJP suspends AMC Councillor Pulkit Vyas after his video indicating corrupt practice goes viral
- Approval to 8 TP schemes in Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Surat