Monsoon remains in ‘break’ mode for the third consecutive day in Gujarat, met continues heavy rain warning for next two daysAugust 13, 2019
Ahmedabad: Monsoon remained in a ‘break’ mode in Gujarat for the third consecutive day today with only 7 talukas seeing rain till 6 pm with Bhavnagar getting maximum of 26 mm.
In the last 24 hours ending 6 am today only 47 talukas of 22 districts had seen rain with highest 23mm in Bhavnagar.
Meanwhile met bulletin today has continued heavy rain warning for tomorrow and heavy to very heavy rain warning for the day after that is on the Independence day.
Despite stopping of rain for three days, various roads including Ahmedabad-Bhavnagar highway and several rural roads were still damaged and non-operational due to the damage caused by the earlier spell of extremely heavy rain in Kutch and other areas.
The synoptic situation and rainfall warning is as follows-
MORNING’S OFFSHORE TROUGH AT MEAN SEA LEVEL FROM MAHARASHTRA COAST TO NORTH KERALA COAST PERSISTS. GENERALLY SOUTH WESTERLY WINDS ARE PREVAILING AT LOWER LEVELS OVER THE REGION
Weather Warning for 5 days including today –
DAY 1 (Today):NIL
DAY 2:Heavy rains very likely at isolated places in the districts of North Gujarat region namely Dahod and Mahisagar
DAY 3:Heavy to very heavy rains very likely at isolated places in the districts of North Gujarat region namely Banaskantha, Sabarkantha, Aravalli, Mahisagar and
DAY 4: NIL
DAY 5: NIL
- Withdrawal of monsoon from Gujarat delayed for 9 th consecutive year, no signs of it happening anytime soon
- Crime Branch-ATS nab one from Ahmedabad airport in year 2003 Jihadi conspiracy case
- Live: Howdy Modi community summit - from Houston, America
- Depression off Gujarat coast to intensify but move away towards Oman
- Gujarat to end use of Non Judicial Physical Stamps from October 1: Revenue Minister
- PM Narendra Modi in Houston, America