Rs 8 lakh bribery case: Court rejects anticipatory bail plea of accused DySP in GujaratAugust 14, 2019
A local court in Dhoraji town of Rakot district in Gujarat today rejected the anticipatory bail plea of a DySP rank official in a Rs 8 lakh bribery case.
Earlier on August 8, the car of DySP of Jetpur division J M Bharwad, who had gone underground after the raid of the ACB on August 3 in which a constable was nabbed taking Rs 8 lakh bribe on his behalf, was found near Kagril petrol pump in Sola police station area of Ahmedabad. His uniform was also found in the car. It is suspected that Bharwad had fled leaving the car due to fear of his arrest.
He had later applied for anticipatory bail in a court of Dhoraji but it rejected it today.
ACB had nabbed red-handed a police constable in Dhoraji of Rajkot district taking bribe of Rs 8 lakh on behalf of Bharwad for not beating up an accused of a case lodged under Arms Act.
Constable Vishal G Sonara (34) posted in Jetpur city police station of Rajkot district was caught from a public place on Porbandar Highway in Dhoraji town. He was talking with DySP of Jetpur division J M Bharwad over mobile phone at that time. Bharwad had gone in to hiding since then.
He had sought Rs 10 lakh bribe on behalf of Bharwad for not beating the accused, a friend of the complainant, neither doing further interrogation if he surrendered in a case lodged under Arms Act in Jetpur police station. Later he had agreed to take Rs 8 lakh.
- Rupani on one-day campaign tour to Mumbai, here is schedule of his programmes
- 21-day long Diwali vacation 2019 in Gujarat schools to start on 24 October
- Rupani enters 6-seat by-poll campaign by addressing a campaign meeting in Kheralu
- Monsoon withdraws completely from Gujarat today, total 141.98% rain this year
- Gujarat govt grants bonafide industry status to logistic, IT, IT-enabled services and mining sectors
- French Multinational oil and gas company Total S A signs agreement to buy 37.4% stake in Adani Gas Ltd