After 4 days break, monsoon active again under impact of two systems, North Gujarat receiving heavy rainAugust 15, 2019
Gandhinagar: After almost 4 days of break, under the impact of two systems over and around Gujarat, Monsoon has become active again and caused heavy rain in Northern parts of the state today with 149 talukas in 31 districts seeing rain till 6 pm and Siddhpur in Patan receiving the maximum at 75mm.
Among other prominent rain receiving talukas are Harij in Patan district 70 mm, Modasa in Aravalli 68mm, Danta in Banaskantha 63mm, Bhiloda in Aravalli 61mm, Malpur 57mm, Himatnagar in Sabarkantha district 53mm, Satlasana in Mahesana district 52mm and Idar in Sabarkantha district 50mm.
Ahmedabad district has also seen light to moderate rain and the city has also received 3 mm or average rain.
In all, 31 taluka have seen 25 mm or more rain till 6 pm today.Met has predicted more rain during the night.
In the last 24 hours ending 6 am today a total of 111 talukas in 29 districts had seen rain but the maximum was only a moderate 42mm in Bhavangar.
The state has so far seen over 85% of monsoon rain this year.
According to the met bulletin, the synoptic situation and heavy rain warning for five days including today is as following-
Morning’s well Marked Low Pressure Area over northwest Madhya Pradesh and adjoining south Uttar Pradesh now lies over northwest Madhya Pradesh & adjoining south Uttar Pradesh and East Rajasthan.
The associated cyclonic circulation extends upto 7.6 km above mean sea level tilting southwestward with height.
The trough between 3.1 & 3.6 km above mean sea level from the cyclonic circulation associated with the Well Marked Low Pressure Area to north Gujarat Region across East Rajasthan persists.
WEATHER WARNING FOR NEXT 5 DAYS
DAY 1 (Today): Heavy to very heavy rains very likely at isolated places with isolated extremely heavy falls in the districts of North Gujarat region namely Sabarkantha, Aravalli. Heavy to very heavy rains very likely at isolated places in the districts of North Gujarat region namely Banaskantha, Mehsana, Panchmahal, Dahod and Mahisagar.
Heavy rains very likely at isolated places in the district of North Gujarat region namely Patan; in the districts of Saurashtra namely Surendranagar, Morbi.
DAY 2: Heavy rains very likely at isolated places in the districts of North Gujarat region namely Banaskantha, Mehsana, and Sabarkantha.
DAY 3: NIL
DAY 4: NIL
DAY 5: NIL
- Cabinet approves strategic disinvestment of BPCL, SCI, CONCOR, THDCIL, NEEPCO
- Cabinet approves proposal for enactment of Recycling of Ships Bill, 2019 and accession to Hong Kong International Convention for Safe and Environmentally Sound Recycling of Ships, 2009
- Cabinet approves introduction of IFSC Authority Bill, 2019 in Lok Sabha, after withdrawal from Rajya Sabha
- Surat police lodges FIR against Sahara group head Subrat Roy under charges of fraud, criminal breach of trust and conspiracy
- Nityanand Ashram case - Five days remand of two arrested sanyasinis
- Austria based Constantia Flexibles opens 9th Indian plant in Gujarat