Gujarat govt. soon to declare ‘saffron’ coloured plain tiger butterfly as state butterflyAugust 17, 2019
Gandhinagar: The Gujarat government has formed a committee to do the formalities for declaring ‘saffron’ coloured ‘plain tiger’ butterfly as the state butterfly.
A senior official of the forest department today informed this.
He said that the announcement in this regard would be done shortly.
‘A committee has been formed for this. The saffron coloured plain tiger butterfly is found in plenty in the state of Gujarat,’ he said.
Notably Danaus chrysippus, also known as the plain tiger or African queen, is a medium-sized butterfly widespread in Asia, Australia and Africa. It belongs to the Danainae sub family of the brush-footed butterfly family Nymphalidae. Danainae primarily consume plants in the genus Asclepias, more commonly called milkweed.
- Taluka, district, region wise rainfall in Gujarat Monsoon 2020 so far as on 8 am today
- Heavy rains continue in parts of Saurashtra and elsewhere in Gujarat
- AMC declares 17 more new micro-containment areas
- 735 new Covid-19 cases recorded in 24 hours in Gujarat
- AMC announces 'Corona Ghar Seva: Sanjivani Van'
- Dhirubhai Ambani’s Atmanirbharta