Now I want Harmeet to see playing and winning medals in Olympics: Arjuna award winner Gujarat TT player’s motherAugust 17, 2019
Surat: Parents of Star Indian Table Tennis player Harmeet Desai, a native of Surat in Gujarat were elated as his being selected for Arjuna Awards this year.
Talking to newsmen in Sulatanbad area in Dumas in the diamond city his father Rajul and mother Archana Desai said that they were very happy at this achievement and now wish that the 26 year old paddler who had won commonwealth and Asian games medals for the country, should also reach Olympics arena and make the country proud by winning medal there.
Archana said that her son had got many achievements in last 3 years and they were expecting such an award for him. But now she want to see him play in Olympics and bringing laurels for the country by winning medals there also.
‘He was very fond of playing TT since childhood. He had continuously worked hard to improve his game. He has worked on his weaknesses to emerge stronger,’ she said.
Notably, Deasai, who was initially coached by his elder brother here, is playing in theUTT National Ranking (South Zone) Table Tennis Championships at the Jimmy George Indoor Stadium in Tiruvananthpuram of Kerala. He entered in to semi final of the championship today.
- AMC teams seal eateries for violation of Covid19 pandemic related rules
- Hakubha denies nexus with wanted mafia Jayesh alias Jaysukh; Nathwani posts indicative tweet; another Audio of mafia Jayesh comes to light
- AMC declares 8 new Micro Containment Zones, clears existing 22
- PM Modi makes strong pitch for India's inclusion as permenent member of UNSC
- No State level Navratri Mahotsav this year by Gujarat government
- BJP chief JP Nadda announces National Office Bearers of Party; Bhavnagar MP Bhartiben Shiyal made Vice President
- Bills passed in recently concluded Monsoon session of Gujarat Assembly 2020
- Ahead of assembly seat by-poll, three taluka panchayat members join BJP in Dang