Now I want Harmeet to see playing and winning medals in Olympics: Arjuna award winner Gujarat TT player’s motherAugust 17, 2019
Surat: Parents of Star Indian Table Tennis player Harmeet Desai, a native of Surat in Gujarat were elated as his being selected for Arjuna Awards this year.
Talking to newsmen in Sulatanbad area in Dumas in the diamond city his father Rajul and mother Archana Desai said that they were very happy at this achievement and now wish that the 26 year old paddler who had won commonwealth and Asian games medals for the country, should also reach Olympics arena and make the country proud by winning medal there.
Archana said that her son had got many achievements in last 3 years and they were expecting such an award for him. But now she want to see him play in Olympics and bringing laurels for the country by winning medals there also.
‘He was very fond of playing TT since childhood. He had continuously worked hard to improve his game. He has worked on his weaknesses to emerge stronger,’ she said.
Notably, Deasai, who was initially coached by his elder brother here, is playing in theUTT National Ranking (South Zone) Table Tennis Championships at the Jimmy George Indoor Stadium in Tiruvananthpuram of Kerala. He entered in to semi final of the championship today.
- Counting for 6 assembly seat by polls in Gujarat tomorrow, fate of Alpesh Thakor to be decided
- After playing spoilsport during Navratri in Gujarat, rain likely to play villain during Diwali too, especially in Southern districts
- IITGN PhD Scholar wins 1st prize from DRDO for developing high-sensitivity optical contact microphone for all defence forces
- Two nabbed in Surat with smuggled semi-liquid gold worth Rs. 27 lakh
- Gujarat CM calls on Uzbekistan President
- Kamlesh Tiwari murder case: Gujarat ATS nabs the two killers near Rajasthan border