CM inaugurates private multi-specialty hospital in BopalAugust 18, 2019
Ahmedabad: Chief Minister Mr. Vijaybhai Rupani today expressed a determination to expand the scope of health-medical services into the state to make Gujarat a hub of ‘Medical Tourism’.
In this reference, he said that the state has declared its new medical policy with an aim to expand the sphere of multi-specialty health services from tehsil to urban areas in Gujarat. He was speaking at an inaugural function of the multi-specialty Saraswati Hospital built in Bopal area of the city.
The Chief Minister said that Gujarat wants to increase the number of doctors to have the doctor-patient ratio at par with the world health standard. The number of medical seats has been raised from 900 to 5,500 seats in Gujarat. As many as six new hospitals have been built. The bed capacity of Ahmedabad Civil Hospital has been increased from 8,000 to 12,000 beds.
The state government is giving incentives in medical equipment, electricity bills and other to the hospitals that are setup in the interior parts of Gujarat, Mr. Rupani said.
Others graced the event included Dr. M. S. Agrawal of Saraswati Hospital, Mahant of Jagannath Temple Shri Dilipdasji Maharaj, Bharati Ashram’s Mahant Shri Vishwambhar Bharati Bapu and others.
- Gujarat government transfers 26 IAS officers; here's the list
- ACB in Gujarat nabs deputy engineer of PGVCL taking bribe from farmer
- Gujarat Police to be the 8th State Police Force to have President's Colours
- Captured leopards to be released with radio collars attached, decides State Wildlife Board meeting
- Ground breaking performed for a 16,000 square meter Astronomy and Space Gallery in Gujarat Science City
- Citizenship Amendment Bill gets nod of Parliament